Yes, in Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island (start date January 1, 2015).
- QUÉBEC: Société de gestion des huiles usagées (SOGHU)
- MANITOBA :Manitoba Association for Resource Recovery Corp. (MARRC)
- SASKATCHEWAN :Saskatchewan Association for Resource Recovery Corp. (SARRC)
- ALBERTA :Alberta Used Oil Management Association (AUOMA)
- BRITISH COLUMBIA :British Columbia Used Oil Management Association (BCUOMA)
- NEW BRUNSWICK :UOMA Atlantic (UOMA NB)
- PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND :UOMA Atlantic (UOMA PE) (Start date January 1, 2015)
If you are interested in becoming a collection facility for used oils and glycol (antifreeze), their used containers (50 litres or less) including aerosol brake cleaner and lubricant as well as used oil filters and you deal with a UOMA NL registered collector, we encourage you to contact us for more information about the program and what benefits you can enjoy.
One of UOMA NL's top priorities is the implementation of a network of collection facilities throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. Find the nearest collection facility.
No. The EHC represents handling charges determined by UOMA NL's Board of Directors and paid by members on the basis of their volume of sales. Information provided by members regarding their volume of sales is treated on a confidential basis. All amounts are used only for the management of the program. No sums will go to the government besides reasonable management fees required to be paid by law to the Multi Material Stewardship Board.
The Newfoundland and Labrador regulation requires all brand owners who do not advise the Multi Material Stewardship Board that they wish to submit their own program, to join UOMA NL.
A collector is a firm registered with UOMA NL to collect UOMA NL'S Products covered by the Regulation respecting the recovery and reclamation of products by enterprises from large generators and collection facilities and deliver them to processors approved by UOMA NL. Find the list of collectors in your area.
The UOMA NL Products governed by the Regulation are treated by UOMA NL registered processors. Find the list of processors.